Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mock Duck - Alters of Radness EP



Amazing-ly grungey punkrock.

Mock Duck is a two-piece outfit from L.A./Tokyo. I came across this in the blogospere. They have a punkrock vibe reminiscent of the late 80's/early 90's sound of the Pac NW. Mudhoney/Wipers really come to mind when I hear this. They also sound a bit like Boris' rock n' roll side (not so much the psyche side) which is obviously the Japanese connection.

This EP fucking rules. I'm really like it a lot. Download it for free from their Bandcamp page below. And may I say, more bands starting out should be putting their music out for free via Bandcamp. If you want to make some cash, release a cassette and sell it at your shows.


Similar: Boris, Mudhoney, Wipers


Rating: 9.5


Self-Released: April 1st 2011




1 comment:

  1. Hey Pete.

    I couldn't find another way to contact you and say thanks for posting our e.p., so I thought I'd do so here. We really appreciate you sharing it and are glad you're digging it as much as you are. You clearly have great taste. :)

    Seriously, though, keep up the good work. Thanks again.
    Clay and Clay

    ReplyDelete