Friday, March 26, 2010

High Places - High Places vs. Mankind




Thrill Jockey Records
Released: March 23rd, 2010


AWESOME ALBUM COVER!!! Yes! I bought the record today, although I already stole it from the interwebz last week. Stealing music is anarchy. And anarchy is PUNK-FUCKING-ROCK!!! Oi!

High Places is a girl-bro indie electro duo from (where else?) Brooklyn, New York. I saw them open up for some other band from New York last year. They were good. I dug it. I dig this album too. The first two tracks are the shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. "The Longest Shadows" and "On Giving Up" are the most up-beat dancey songs on the album. I hope I hear a DJ play either one soon at some hipster party, cause yeah, good songs.

The rest of the album is good too. A few weaker filler songs at the end though. This album suffers from coming on too strong and ending with not enough "ooomph." Good album. Yes!


RIYL: Gang Gang Dance, Atlas Sound, Kraftwerk


Rating: 8.0



No comments:

Post a Comment